9News Producer Position
9News Producer Position
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
KUSA / KTVD-TV, 9NEWS Denver has been home to employees for decades, who have dedicated their careers to serving the Coloradoan community and who demonstrate an urgent, passionate and unmatched commitment to lead and revolutionize information delivery across all platforms.
We are looking for a Producer to join our team. We don’t want a show “stacker”. We write and produce compelling stories that matter to our viewers. We’re not interested in story count. We want stories that count. Our viewers demand that. And we deliver.
- Ensures creative storytelling that delivers both factual clarity and emotional connections with viewers
- Produces captivating newscasts and guides anchors and reporters to engage the audience emotionally, intellectually, and with a high level of energy
- Suggests and produces content that advocates for our community in the form of reporting, commentary, and developing solutions
- Utilizes social media to advance our reporting and to engage an audience that watches while interacting
- Understands the newscast’s customer and develops a product that meets their expectations
- Responds quickly to changing circumstances and breaking news with a willingness to change as needed
- Seeks opportunities to promote more interactivity with viewers and users
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years experience, preferably in a mid-major, or major market.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, arts, film, or related field of study preferred (or experience equivalent).
- Strong understanding and demonstrated proficiency in TV newscast production.
- A deep understanding of how to connect content to audiences.
- The ability to motivate and lead through the creative process of brainstorming, developing and sustaining quality programming; and an appreciation of all genres of television — news, dramas, comedies, reality, and entertainment — with a creative eye for positioning content for success on air and through digital transmission when appropriate.
- Leadership experience in production, gathering/executing editorial content and social media engagement.
- Solid news judgment, great people skills, strong broadcast and online writing skills, and the ability to work with little supervision are necessities.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Creative and critical thinking abilities are essential.
Please visit TEGNA Jobs to apply.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug-free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Date Posted: 9/10/2018
Expiration Date: 11/1/2018