Outdoor Cinema Network Summer Positions
Outdoor Cinema Network Summer Positions
From: Josh Haggitt
Subject: SUMMER OUTDOOR MOVIE EVENTS – Setup Outdoor Theater, Operate Projector & AV Rack, and Strike Event
Hello, Josh Haggitt just sent a/an Job submission. Here are the details:
Name: Josh Haggitt
Event Type: Paid Job
Event Title: SUMMER OUTDOOR MOVIE EVENTS – Setup Outdoor Theater, Operate Projector & AV Rack, and Strike Event
We currently have three exceptional Colorado Film School Students hired for the 2021 Summer/Fall season, and many other successful graduates have worked for us over the years. We are happy to accommodate fall class schedules, and we pay special attention to getting film student hires on the film festival events we are involved with like, Telluride Film Festival and Crested Butte Film Festival. The owner is also the Technical Director for the Boulder International Film Festival and has great local networking opportunities for outstanding OCN employees. WE LOVE CFS and look forward to you applying TODAY!!!!
AV TECH – ENTRY LEVEL
OUTDOOR MOVIES – Setup, Operation, and Strike
MUST FILL OUT ONLINE APPLICATION, NOT JUST SUBMIT RESUME VIA INDEED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW.
We Set Up Large Movie Theaters and Drive-Ins, Remotely, In Parks and Parking Lots.
This position is ENTRY-LEVEL.
It requires PHYSICAL LABOR and TECH-SAVVY.
It is PART-TIME and SUMMER/FALL (seasonal).
Events are ALL OUTDOOR LIVE PRODUCTIONS.
Primarily WEEKENDS and some WEEKNIGHTS (June/July)
All shifts LATE AFTERNOON into LATE EVENING (few overnights).
The Outdoor Cinema Network (OCN), a COLORADO OWNED and OPERATED company based in Denver, is currently pursuing candidates to expand their phenomenal Audio/Visual Tech and Event Crew for April – October 2021; summer season!
Employment opportunity also requires, but is not limited to the following:
- Must live in DENVER (metro), Colorado.
- Must be available NIGHTS and WEEKENDS for the entire summer.
- Must be HIGHLY RESPONSIBLE, always on time (which means arriving early in the production world) with extremely RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION.
- Possess a GENERAL UNDERSTANDING and have basic operational skills for Audio/Visual systems like projection, sound, signal flow, microphones, laptops, blue-ray players, and cabling.
- Ability to MULTI-TASK and PROBLEM SOLVE, with acute attention to detail, in a very quick, efficient, “never let them see you break a sweat” manner, sometimes under pressure and occasionally in inclement weather, like HIGH WINDS and RAIN.
- Capable of safely LIFTING up to 50lbs and PUSHING 110lbs when loading and unloading equipment into company vehicles. Also, have the PHYSICAL STAMINA it takes to set up and break down all the components it requires to create an outdoor movie theater.
- Being a TEAM PLAYER is essential and calls for adapting quickly to changing circumstances and a SUPERIOR WORK ETHIC. It is necessary that you learn on the go and to think fast on your feet.
- Must be a STRONG COMMUNICATOR with the ability to FOCUS attention to the client and your team’s needs while remaining calm, courteous, and PROFESSIONAL at all times.
- Required to produce a VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE and proof that you have maintained a CLEAN DRIVING RECORD to meet company driving standards.
- Must have ACCESS to email, texting, and cell phone daily and the ability to RESPOND PROMPTLY.
A desire for FUN, NETWORKING, and FRIENDSHIP!
- A COMMITMENT CONTRACT MUST BE MADE TO WORK THE FULL SUMMER SEASON, JUNE – OCTOBER 2021!
Range from 8 to 20 hours a week, and a shift is usually anywhere between 3 PM – 12 AM, give or take an hour.
**Primarily on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights!**
We can also have occasional Monday, Tuesday, and Sunday night shifts.
Due to the nature of this business, you MAY BE REQUIRED to work back-to-back nights (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday).
The pay rate range AFTER TRAINING is $15.00 to $18.00 an hour, dependent on training aptitude, previous experience, and leadership capabilities. As your skills develop, your pay can advance quickly, sometimes weekly; it depends on you and your effort.
Training is paid at $13.00 an hour, ranges anywhere from three to five days (approximately 25 hours depending on your learning speed), and is PAID AS A BONUS only if you stay through the fulfillment of the summer season CONTRACT ENDING OCTOBER 2021 (or 25 shows).
We pride ourselves on having many incentives to offer and only name a few below.
- We provide you with an insured company vehicle to go to and from events.
- We hire you as an employee vs. an independent contractor. This is a tremendous financial advantage, including not needing to invoice, be insured, and no need to fill out a W-9 for independent tax responsibility.
- Discount equipment rentals such as cameras, tripods, projectors, fog machine, lights, popcorn maker, trucks and trailer use, screens both inflatable and fast-fold, stage, lighting, audio boards, sound systems, and much, much more.
- Paid bonus percentage on shows you book.
- Paid bonus on successful hiring referrals you make.
- Being locally owned with a live event, sister company (Space Farmer Productions), we can promote future employment of our staff by offering exceptional candidates, industry connection, film festival tech positions, networking leads with area professionals, and provide reference letters at the end of the season for college entrance requirements and prospective employment opportunities.
If you align with the position requirements listed above, are ambitious, extremely reliable, always on time, enjoy leadership responsibility, and carry yourself professionally with a strong drive for improving your technical skills, then we look forward to you submitting your application today!
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED:
ONLINE APPLICATION FOUND AT COMPANY WEBSITE UNDER “EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES. ” COMPANY WEBSITE: outdoorcinema.net
*MUST SUBMIT APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW.*
COVID-19 Precautionary Measures:
The Outdoor Cinema Network takes the Covid-19 pandemic very seriously. Employees will be required to follow all state and county mandates. Outdoor mask mandate is no longer required; however, we expect each employee to practice whatever personal measure they deem appropriate to protect their health practices. We provide masks, sanitizer, and gloves to any employee requesting such items.
Event Expiration Date: 2021-10-30