REPORTS TO: Creative Services Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Hamilton, Mo (Kansas City area)
JOB SUMMARY :
The Sr Videographer is an experienced cinematographer who will lead the Missouri Star Quilt Company production team, balancing great organizational skills with creative problem-solving. The position requires technical knowledge of directing, camera operation, live broadcasting, and multicam editing. This team member must love being in the studio and have a passion for creating beautiful educational content.
- Responsible for directing, camera operation, and editing video footage for content and live video shoots.
- Collaborate with other team members to envision scene set up, new features, video styles, and promotional content. Oversees camera operations, lighting and sound, and approves musical selection for edited content.
- Establishes and maintains the Missouri Star style on all videos, and ensures that other shooter/editors are maintaining creative style. Brings creative vision to visual storytelling as well as maintains accuracy within all content filming.
- Maintains schedule of rotating crew members to be on set and/or edit content, ensuring all production needs and timelines are met for the filming, editing, and release of the content.
- Researches and implements new technology, including liveshoot platforms, software and filming styles (such as Wirecast, Zoom, and Youtube).
- Manages equipment inventory, keeping the studio stocked and organized, and having broken equipment repaired when needed.
- Responsible for media management and maintaining server functionality.
- Monitor individual progress, shooting techniques, and quality of product of other videography team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (such as on-set or vocational training)
- 5+ years experience in the film or video industry
- Previous experience running a filming/ videography department
- Working knowledge of filming w/Sony Blackmagic cameras, editing in Adobe Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Frame.io
- Strong understanding of sound tech & production, including problem solving with Sound Devices 702, Lav Microphones, and mixer
- Strong working knowledge of studio lighting including use of softbox lighting
- Strong technical knowledge for staging live video events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines; able to pitch in and perform other production related duties as needed
- Excellent multitasker with outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to stay calm and grounded under pressure.
- Willingness to learn, adapt, and grow
- Able to motivate and lead others; encourage a learning environment
This position requires continuous walking and standing for long periods of time
Frequently squatting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending
Frequently lifting up to 20 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds
Repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and/or fingers while operating a laptop/keyboard
Missouri Star Quilt Company offers its full time employees a variety of benefits to include medical/dental/vision, PTO, an employer match 401k plan and more! We take great pride and care with our customers and employees alike.
Missouri Star Quilt Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.