The MuHu Flix Competition
The MuHu Flix Competition
The Museum of Human Sexuality (MuHu) exists to foster education and outreach related to the scientific, cultural, historical, and anthropological study of human sexuality and its role in society. To fulfill this mission, this organization will develop and operate a world-class museum and create programs, exhibitions, publications, scholarly research, and public education that engage diverse audiences. Our goal is to help visitors see human sexuality in a whole new way.
As a part of this mission, the museum is hosting its first ever short film competition.
The MuHu Flix is a competition designed to inspire thought on human sexuality. Entrants should produce a documentary style video which features a true, personal story about sexuality. Films on a broad range of topics are encouraged and such as stories about a subject’s most meaningful sexual experience, discovering one’s sexuality, realization of intolerance, or a humorous sexuality story. Note the Museum of Human Sexuality fosters an understanding of all types of sexuality.
Note that the story does not have to be from the filmmaker’s personal experience, but does need to be a true recollection from the subject’s experience.
Specifics and Entry
For all rules, please see “MuHu Flix Rules” page or visit the MuHu Flix Webpage: MuHuFlix.MuHuSex.org
For the entry form, please go to MuHuFlixEntry.MuHuSex.org
- One grand prize winner at $500 and a lifetime membership to MuHu
- One 2nd place winner at $100 and a year membership to MuHu
- Three Honorable mention winners win a $25 prize and a year membership to MuHu.
- People’s Choice award winner from the top 5 videos at $50
The Museum of Human Sexuality is a 503(c) non-profit founded to help visitors experience human sexuality in a whole new way through dialogue, recorded stories, and gamified exhibits. The goal of MuHu Flix is to generate content that would potentially be featured in an exhibit that highlights stories curated from patrons about their sexual identity and experiences.
Find us on the web at www.museumofhumansexuality.org.
MuHu Flix Official Rules and Guidelines
- Videos should not be more than 3 minutes long.
- All stories submitted should be true.
- Videos should be shot in a documentary style
- To enter your video: Upload video entry to YouTube and complete the online entry form: MuHuEntry.MuHuSex.org
- If you have a video to submit that you think might not meet YouTube Community Guidelines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline is 5:00p PST Monday, July 31, 2017. Your entry must be submitted by this time.
- Competitors may submit multiple videos.
- You may enter as an individual or as a team. Team members must be listed on the entry form. If entering as a team, decide on a member of the team to serve as a primary contact. Should your video be selected as a winning entry, the prize money will be sent to the primary contact.
- Should a team be selected as a finalist, MuHu Memberships will be awarded to a maximum of 4 team members.
- A completed Consent Form (located here: MuHuFlixConsent.MuHuSex.org) is required for each individual involved with producing the video. This includes all team members, on-camera talent, voice-over announcers, individuals in photographs, music composers, sound effect creators, and musicians who have participated in any way.
- Videos submitted to the Museum of Human Sexuality Film competition may be displayed, duplicated, edited and exhibited for educational or promotional purposes as deemed appropriate by the museum and its Board of Directors. Submission of the video constitutes your approval for such use and exhibition.
- The winner of the competition must allow for MuHu’s logo and branding to be applied to their video.
- Do not use any published music without permission of owners.
- Videos must be in English or subtitled in English.
- Prize money will be awarded in US dollars.